Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Blog Post One - Kimberly Sanguinedo


"Dance Class"
Artist : Edgar Degas
Year : 1876
medium: oil on canvas

I chose this piece because it makes me feel as though I had just walked into a class preparing for a recital. There is no single focus in this picture and depending on wear the observer looks, there is another character to observe. The character appear caught in the moment. The observer is able to see and relate to whatever expression or emotion the character appears to be experiencing. This piece is a great representation of impressionist art because the artist is allowing the observer to look through a window of sorts into a routine day and experience of other people. I love this picture and find something new or some kind of humanizing imperfection of a character, almost everytime I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment